Friday, November 4, 2016

Patience is a virtue


I started this blog so I could find an escape for my emotions while we dealt with fertility treatments, IUI’s and let downs; Now, I sit with a baby in the making and I feel like our journey is just beginning, why quit now? Over the past three years, I never thought I’d sit here pregnant – I never thought I’d imagine the day my baby calls me mommy. This feeling is amazing! But, just as I felt with the fertility treatment process, I have become a broken record. I want to talk about it all the time, I want to read and learn as much as I can, buy things, rearrange things and feel every symptom possible.

We’ve waited for what feels like a life time for our dreams to come true, today they feel very much as if they are doing just that; coming true. I am four weeks pregnant with great beta and progesterone levels and Nikki interviewed for an internship that will land her a great job come March when she graduates; I could not be more proud of her, she has worked so hard for her future career to take care of us, she was so nervous and did so great! I firmly believe I married the one person who was made for me.

Blogging has become a great way to talk about built up emotions; good or bad – Looking back on previous posts, I read as our life slowly began changing and I hope to do that again in our future as I lay our baby down for a nap on a difficult day, to remind myself how hard we worked to get to that difficult day, because every second is well worth it!

The first trimester is the hardest – while everyone I’ve talked too has told us not to post or say anything until we are through the first 12 weeks; I literally could not contain myself. Without wanting to jinx it; I feel in my heart that everything will be ok. We have names picked out, nursery themes for both genders and find ourselves window shopping every opportunity we get. Life couldn’t get better than this..

What a year it's been, so far.