Monday, May 22, 2017

The devastating, lovely baby shower.

Our journey has become the most intense roller coaster of all times.

The last nine months have proved to be the most terrifying months of my life, thus far. I have learned so much in such a short time, some of the biggest lessons have been the lessons of loss. We loss the life we planned for our daughter, we loss our hope and at times faith. I remember just nine months ago when I felt I had everything all figured out, but the truth is; everything changed so quickly.

There are truly no words to describe the pain that shadowed the last few months of our pregnancy. On May 19th, the day before our baby shower; we lost one of our best friends, Ashley. Ashley began our journey with us, she bought our first pregnancy test and lived in the room that is now McKenzie’s nursery. Ashley was our biggest fan and while it’s been extremely difficult to come to terms with her passing, we keep faith she is now McKenzie’s angel and will always look over her. We are blessed to have had her in our lives and we miss her, so much.



Our baby shower was nothing short of amazing, our friends and family came together with so much love. My Grandma said a beautiful prayer for Ashley and while we mourned our friend, we embraced those who surrounded us and showered our baby with so much love.

We are getting closer to our due date and beyond ready to meet our little girl. We are blessed to have such a strong support system and both friends and family that love so much.  Nikki was perfect, fixing everything, building everything else and working so much extra to allow my rest. The house is ready, the bags are packed! I have been cleaning endlessly and put all reading and researching aside - I don't want to create an image of what McKenzie will be, I want to meet McKenzie and let her show us who she will be!

One thing I know for sure - she will be loved, treasured and spoiled as all possible!

What a year it's been, so far.